The story of the strawberry birthday cake

Oh happy day! This CSI challenge (together with Scrap365) was perfect opportunity to document a dear childhood tradition. Every year, on my birthday my grandmother baked me a cake that was filled and topped with fresh strawberries and whipped cream. My birthday is in late June and it's the time of the year when we get the first local strawberries.

That picture was taken when I was two. After my grandmother passed away my mom has taken over the tradition and she still makes the cake for me every year.




Evidence: dots, flowers, layer elements, misting
Testimony: document a childhood memory

Materials: American Crafts, Chickaniddy Crafts, My Mind's Eye, We R Memorykeepers, Doodlebug, Sakura, Heidi Swapp

2 comments

  1. This is lovely and a wonderful way to record a family tradition. Nothing wrong with mom making cake for your birthday. Love the papers and that photo is soooo sweet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And that's one good cake, I can say! :) Thank you for your support Val!

      Delete

Thank you for leaving a comment!